Step 2: Adding Students
You can’t teach if you don’t have any students. You can either add each student manually or you can import a student list.
Adding Students Manually:
- Navigate to “Students” from the main menu on the left.
- Click the green “+ Add Student” button.
- Enter your student details (student first and last name are required).
- Assign the student to a teacher.
- Click "Next" to continue on to the "Family Contact Information".
- Choose whether this new student belongs to a “New Family” or an “Existing Family“.
- Enter in your family contact details (parent first and last name are required).
- Click the green “Finish” button.
To view the video in fullscreen, click here.
Want to import your student information from an existing spreadsheet? Click here for instructions.
Tip: In most cases, a teacher's students will generally have the same lesson price. So, My Music Staff will assign this default billing rate to their assigned students. You can always modify the student's rate from the Students menu. Click the blue "Zoom" button to the left of the student's name and navigate to the "Teachers" tab.
To edit a teacher's default settings, navigate to the Teachers & Admins menu. Click the blue "Edit" button to the left of the teacher's name. Click the "Default Settings" tab. The default settings will only be used when a new student is assigned to the teacher. If you wish to change a student's lesson price, use the instructions above.
Click Here for Step 3: Schedule Lessons