Step 4: Taking Attendance
Wow, you’re looking like a My Music Staff pro already! We’re now going to master Attendance. Taking attendance is completely optional but recommended.
A few key benefits of taking attendance:
- Tied to billing (if charging per lesson)
- Leave individual lesson notes for the student, parent and yourself
- Record payments made at the lesson and send a receipt (automatically entered into the family account)
- Assign and manage repertoire
- Issue and use make-up credits (make-up credits are completely optional)
- Accountability (absenteeism and tardiness will stunt progress)
- Navigate to the "Calendar" from the main menu on the left.
- Click on the lesson or event you would like to take attendance for and click the “Attendance“ option from the pop-up.
- When the attendance pop-up appears, choose the appropriate attendance option.
- If you would like to include lesson notes that can be emailed to the student and/or parent(s) select “Add Notes“.
- Click the blue “Save” button.
Your attendance can also be taken from your Home Agenda.
To view the video in fullscreen, click here.
Tip: If you see a ($) beside the attendance option, that means the family is paying for that lesson. (If you’re using fixed monthly billing it means this lesson will trigger the monthly charge if applicable.) You can review the different attendance options by clicking here.
Click Here for Step 5: Create an Invoice