How do I schedule an open lesson slot for multiple students (ex. summer camp, group events, recitals, workshops, etc)?
If you'd prefer to let your students choose their own lesson times, My Music Staff can save you a lot of time by allowing your students to log into the Student Portal to schedule their own lessons. This is a great option for studios that run camps during the summer months.
The first step is to setup "Open Lesson Slots" on your calendar. My Music Staff doesn't allow the students to select arbitrary lesson times because this can lead to schedule fragmentation. (That's where you get lots of awkward gaps between lessons that are too short to fill with other students.) It's up to you to create defined lesson times that your students can fill.
Here's how to get started:
- Navigate to the "Calendar" from the main menu on the left.
- Click the "+ New" button and select "New Event" from the drop down menu.
- From the Event Details page, set the "Visibility" to "Public".
- The "Student Portal" option should be set to "Allow Registration".
- Enter the "Maximum Students" that can attend the event.
- If this lesson slot "Repeats" each week choose the appropriate recurring settings.
- Fill in all other relevant details.
- Click "Save" to create this lesson slot.
Repeat this process for all the lesson times you'd like to be available.
To view the video in fullscreen, click here.
Once you're satisfied with the availability of lesson times, you can give your students access to the "Student Portal". This will allow your students to log in and select their preferred lesson times. Lesson slots that repeat will automatically prompt the student to join one, several or all the recurring lesson times.
Click here for instructions on how to send your students their login information.