How can I invoice students for books and other materials?
In addition to creating invoices for lessons and other calendar based events, you can use My Music Staff to bill your students for books and other materials provided by your studio. You do this by manually adding charges to family accounts.
- Navigate to "Families & Invoices" from the main menu on the left.
- Click the blue "Zoom" icon to the left of a family's name.
- Click the "+ Add Transaction" button, a popup window will appear, select the "Charge" option.
- Fill in all relevant details and a description of the charge (the description will appear on the invoice, so be detailed if necessary).
- Select a "Category" from the drop-down menu. If an existing category doesn't describe the charge, click the "New Category" button to create your own.
- Click "Save".
Now a new charge has been added to the selected Family Account. This item will be included on the next invoice you create for the family.
If you'd prefer, you can create an invoice for this one particular item (excludes their regular lessons).
To do this:
- From their Family Account, select the "Invoices" tab.
- Click "+ New Invoice".
- Make sure the item you are invoicing falls between the "Start" and "End" date selected.
- Uncheck "Previous Balance & Payments".
- Using the "Categories" field, select the category you selected or created when adding the charge.
- Fill in all other relevant details before clicking "Create".
The invoice created will only include the charge category selected in step 5 between the dates selected.
Tip: Invoicing is optional. You can always record a payment without creating an invoice. An invoice simply provides a printer friendly "snap-shot" of the family's account.