How can I create an open make-up lesson slot?
If your studio issues and uses make-up credits, you can schedule an open make-up lesson for students to join through the Student Portal.
Here's how to schedule an open make-up slot:
- Navigate to the "Calendar" from the main menu on the left.
- Click "+ New" and select "New Event".
- Set “Visibility” to “Public“.
- Set “Student Portal” to “Allow Registration“.
- Set Maximum Students to “1” or more (this determines how many students can enroll for the event).
- Turn on “Make-up Credit Required“, this will only allow students who are owed a make-up credit to sign up for this lesson time through the Student/Parent Portal.
If you’re going to have a regularly scheduled make-up slot on your calendar, use the “Repeat” feature to automatically add this make-up lesson slot on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
To view the video in fullscreen, click here.
Tip: When you take attendance for a make-up lesson, set the attendance status to “Present, Use Make-Up” so that My Music Staff knows to deduct a make-up credit from the student’s account.