How do I create my included My Music Staff website?
My Music Staff includes a basic website builder, included in the price of your monthly membership. Here's how to set it up for the first time:
- Navigate to the "Website" page from the main menu on the left.
- Under the "Settings" tab, enter your "Website Title".
This will be at the top of every page, so you may want to choose something like your studio name or "Piano Lessons in Boise, Idaho".
- Select your "Domain Type".
If you'd like to use a free My Music Staff domain, select "I need a mymusicstaff.com domain."
If you own your own domain, like www.musicstudio.com and would like to use My Music Staff's hosting and website builder, select "I have my own domain name."
- Choose a "Website URL".
If you had previously selected "I need a mymusicstaff.com domain", choose your URL (eg. paulsmusicstudio.mymusicstaff.com)
If you have your own custom domain and had selected "I have my own domain name", enter your domain name.
- Use the "Template" drop-down menu to choose the look and feel of your website. This will determine color, font, and basic layout of each page.
- You can use a "Standard Background" and choose from our available backgrounds, or you can upload your own file to the "Media Library" tab and use that as your custom background for your website.
You can also upload a custom header logo.
- Click "Save Settings."
You've now created your My Music Staff website! Now you need to start adding your content (eg. text, pictures, contact forms, etc). This is done by adding "Pages."
To add pages, select the "Pages" tab. Find out more about website pages here.
To view the video in fullscreen, click here.