How can I enable hourly billing?
Hourly billing will charge your student by the rate you've set, and automatically adjusts based on the length of the lesson on the calendar. If you'd like to enable this billing profile, follow these steps:
- Click "Settings" in the top right-hand corner and select "Studio Settings".
- Select the "Accounts & Invoices" tab.
- Under the "Billing Settings" section, check the "Hourly Billing" box.
- Click "Save" when finished.
Once hourly billing is enabled, you can change your student's default billing settings to apply the new rate.
- Navigate to "Students" from the main menu.
- Click the blue "Zoom" icon to the left of the student's name.
- From the "Personal" tab, change the "Default Billing" option to "Student pays an hourly rate (charges will automatically adjust to lesson length)"
- Enter the hourly rate.
- Click "OK" when finished.
Once saved, the system will ask you to apply this rate from a specific date. Select the "Start Date" if this needs to be applied to existing lessons on the calendar, and click "Yes, Make Changes" to apply the rate.
Note: If your studio doesn't charge by the hour, there's no need to enable this feature.