How do I share my Zoom meeting password with my students?
If you've enabled a password for your Personal Meetings in Zoom, it's possible to update the Personal Meeting URL you have recorded in your My Music Staff account to include an embedded password. This will allow your students to join the lesson without having to manually type in your meeting password.
Here's how to enable a password for your Personal Zoom Meeting:
- Log into the Zoom web portal.
- Navigate to "Meetings" from the main menu on the left.
- Select the "Personal Meeting Room" option that appears at the top of the page.
- Scroll to the bottom and click "Edit this Meeting".
- Under the "Meeting Password" section, click the "Require meeting password" checkbox.
- Enter a password up to 10 characters in the field provided.
- Scroll to the bottom and click "Save".
- Highlight and copy the "Invite Link" (eg., https://zoom.us/j/6765530096?pwd=Qksvd2dKVmQxM2NrVkhlbHdEUVNIZz09)
Do not click the "Copy Invitation" link.
You'll need to update the Zoom Personal Meeting URL you have recorded in My Music Staff by following these instructions:
- Click "Settings" in the top right-hand corner and select "My Preferences".
- Locate the "Zoom Personal Meeting URL" field and enter the link you copied from your Zoom account.
- Click "Save".