How do I record a Zoom Personal Meeting ID for my teacher(s)?
Each teacher will need to create their own Zoom account here: https://zoom.us/signup The basic plan is free to use. It will enable your teachers to conduct unlimited 1 to 1 meetings (no time limit).
You can also teach online group lessons. Just schedule a group lesson as your normally would and be sure to select your new Zoom lesson location. The Zoom basic plan has a 40-minute limit on meetings with 3 or more participants. You can upgrade to Zoom Pro for unlimited group meeting minutes.
After your teacher has created their account, they will need to locate their Personal Meeting ID and communicate this to you. They will also enable the instant meeting feature. Here's what they need to do:
- Log into Zoom.
- Navigate to "Profile" from the main menu on the left.
- Below the profile picture, locate the "Personal Meeting ID" section.
- Click the "Edit" button in this section.
- Select the "Use Personal Meeting ID for instant meetings" option.
- Click "Save Changes".
- Copy the "Personal Meeting ID" (e.g., 203-690-6058) and share this with the studio administrator.
You may want them to set up a "Waiting Room" as well. Details for this can be found here.
Next, you'll record the Personal Meeting ID in the teacher's user profile in your My Music Staff account.
- Navigate to "Teachers & Admins" from the main menu on the left.
- Click the blue "Edit" button to the left of a teacher's name.
- Locate the "Zoom Personal Meeting ID" field and enter the information provided by your teacher.
- Click "Save".