How do I create a "Waiting Room" in Zoom?
Creating a "Waiting Room" in Zoom is a great option for back to back online lessons. This ensures that the next student doesn't interrupt your current lesson.
Here's what you need to do:
- Log into the Zoom web portal.
- Navigate to "Meetings" from the main menu on the left.
- Select the "Personal Meeting Room" option that appears at the top of the page.
- Scroll to the bottom and click "Edit this Meeting".
- Under the "Meeting Options" section, choose "Enable Waiting Room".
- Click "Save".
Tip: While editing your Personal Meeting Room settings, you may want to change some of the meeting defaults. We'd recommend that you set the "Video" options to "On" for both the host and the participant. You'll also want to switch the "Audio" option to "Computer Audio".