Can I teach FaceTime lessons in My Music Staff?
If your studio offers online lessons, you can video call your students directly from My Music Staff. This feature will require the teacher and student(s) to have an Apple account to use FaceTime. The first thing you'll need to do is record your students' FaceTime ID's in their Student Profile. Click here for instructions.
After you've recorded everyone's FaceTime ID's, you'll create a new lesson location for your online lessons. Here's how:
- Navigate to the “Calendar” from the main menu on the left.
- Click the “Categories” button above the calendar.
- Select the “Locations” tab and click the "Add Location" button.
- Give your new location a name and choose an icon to represent this location if you wish (a location icon will appear on the calendar).
- Choose the "FaceTime Lesson" option.
- When scheduling a lesson, choose the appropriate location from the "Location" drop-down menu.
You can begin your FaceTime call by clicking the location from the event details or from your Home Agenda by clicking the "FaceTime Lesson" button.
Note: FaceTime is only available for Apple users. You and your student(s) must have Apple devices (eg. iPhone, iPad, iMac) to use this feature. For more information on FaceTime, click here.